Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Feedback

My favorite part of doing these photo shoots, aside from getting to play with cats and kittens is seeing the amazing photographs. I'm in the room when they are taken, I see the light, I see the setting, and yet, every time I am blown away by how the photographers are able to capture the best and filter out the clutter. They make the light magical and luminous even on an overcast day, you see the cats in a new way that you miss in person. I never get tired of it. 

The next best part?  Sending the photos to the hard-working volunteers who care for these animals day in and day out - who get them through their medical issues, work on their behavior issues, and give them as much love as they can. 

Of Cindy's photos, the ones of the white cat, Nicole, really got the attention of the volunteers on Katie's Place's Facebook page.  Someone posted the before and after set below and said the following:
"Seriously I am blown away by these pictures. I see these guys every day and I see them on their good days and their bad days. I see them sick and cranky. I curse when they spill their water or swat me in the head or dart out the door. They've become part of my life and I am so used to them sometimes I don't even notice them. Pictures like these remind me of how amazingly beautiful each and every single one of them is."

That is the power of photography.  


Nicole's story: She was born in the wild outside to a cat someone abandoned. She came to Katie's Place as an unsocial older kitten because she wouldn't have had much of a chance of surviving in the wild being deaf. She has tamed up quite a bit and is becoming more confident every day.  Also, she's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment