Thursday, May 30, 2013

New Feature Cat

Copenhagen cat.
I'm in Poland!  We've successfully relocated to Poland (here until early 2014, then back to Vancouver) and despite the language barrier, it's nice living here; I've always wanted to live in an old European town centre, and here we're literally two short blocks away from the beautiful giant central plaza. If it would just stop raining, it would be great!  (You can follow my adventures on my personal blog: www.burritowest.ca)

The only downside to this European adventure - we had to leave our two cats in Vancouver. You can probably guess how hard that was for me. We were so lucky to find a friend who was willing to take both our cats in and foster them for the year we're away; I will never be able to thank her enough for this. Knowing they are in good hands and are loved makes a world of difference.  Still, being without cat is weird - it's quiet and empty and seems like such a waste of an apartment. (We're traveling too much to even foster temporarily while here.)

Juliette
I'm scheming up ways to get out to the animal shelter here, maybe to take some photos, but the language barrier is a bit of a problem (and convincing them that I'm not a wingnut). Still, I have hopes!  In the meantime, I try to pet every cat I see in the street (not many so far), and get mopey about missing our cats.  I may just move into Katie's Place for a few days when I return to cuddle as may cats as possible. :)

To keep you amused - I've changed up the Feature Cat.  I met Juliette the first time I went to Katie's Place with Cindy - she has these sad eyes that follow you around but she doesn't like to compete with all the other cats to get your attention, so we didn't see much of her. The second time, she came out for me and was adorable. She seems perfect - I can only attribute the fact that she hasn't been adopted to the fact that she is black and a bit shy, both things that mean you tend to get overlooked in a shelter. Poor girl - she needs to learn to strut her stuff a bit more!

2 comments: