Monday, October 15, 2012

Card Sales

Haven't been scheduling photo shoots lately, have been spending time working to peddle the greeting cards.  So far only 13/100 have sold, but I have high hopes for the holiday season. I've got a free table at the Blim Community Market this Sunday thanks to the organizers and VancouverIsAwesome.com!


I did have a nice coffee date today with Kris of K9 Pet Photography, who caught my eye when I saw her amazing photos of shelter dogs. We're hoping to work together soon - so stay tuned for that.

unrelated HomeFinders kitten
She also told me about a very interesting organization called Hearts Speak that works to "unite the individual efforts of animal artists and animal rescues into collective action for social change."  They seem pretty awesome - I encourage any animal rescue groups hoping for photography service or other donated artist skills to contact them and see if they can connect you with someone in your area.  One of my favorite parts of their website is the before and after photos - it really powerfully shows what a difference great photos can make!

No comments:

Post a Comment